"Switch it on and off."
A cliche at best and an overused joke at worse, what isn't explained is that switching a computer or device off and then on again resets the hardware.
Only then can a proper diagnosis be made and a resolution implemented.
Of course, problems can go beyond this initial simple step.
And even though households and offices contain a variety of devices and numerous issues, we are a one-stop-shop for technical assistance.
Being experienced with all types of devices –and every manufacturer and operating system– we can assist at whatever tech level you require.
Common issues we are called to assist with include:
Slow PC* or Mac - including virus removal for PC or malware for Mac.
Software assistance - i.e. Word, Excel, Outlook, Mac Pages, Mac Mail.
Operating system assistance - Windows 10*, and OSx.
iPhone and iPad - assistance.
Android smartphone and tablet assistance.
Cracked laptop screen.
Computers can encounter any number of issues, and we relish encountering new scenarios. Please contact us so that we can assist you.
* Windows 7 is no longer supported by Microsoft, and Microsoft support ends for windows on 8 January 2023.
Home Tech Users
Other issues we are called in to assist with include:
- PC / Mac / laptop
- e-Security - including virus removal and security optimisation
Smartphone or tablet
- TV, MP3 and audio equipment use and integration
- WiFi / broadband / router trouble / connectivity issues
- Multiple device discounts - popular with families with multiple devices and numerous tech assists
- CCTV remote connection configuration
- Internet of Things (IoT) devices
- smarthome devices, i.e. Alexa, Ring, Phillips Hue, Nest, etc.
Business Tech Users
We encourage our business users to contact us with any tech matter, including:
- Cloud services integration and support
- Email integration across multiple devices
- Data backup/restore
- e-Safety, e-Security and optimisation
- Wireless issues and any connecting tech
- Server migration
- Daily tech assistance with smartphones, tablets, PCs or laptops
- Software assistance
- Tech Training and mentoring
- Information and evidence based reporting and advice
* Microsoft no longer supports Windows XP, Windows Vista or Windows 7, and support for Windows 8 ends in January 2023 – which is why, for security and practical reasons, we can only assist with Windows 10.