It is easier than one would expect to not leave yourself wide open to cyber intruders - and these are a few simple but essential tips:
● Phishing Scams: Avoid clicking web links contained in emails - manually enter the address in your web browser
● Use 2-factor authentication (using authenticator apps or mobile number) on all logins
● Add a password to your computer's screen saver and set the timer.
● Use 5tR0ng [email protected]
● Don't use any public wifi spots unless your your laptop, smartphone or tablet has VPN app installed and activated
Data privacy and security is now enshrined in law, and we help businesses by focussing the seemingly complicated rules into real-world situations, dealing with the real issues and making ICT systems secure and compliant with the General Data Protection Regulations.
Prevention is Better Than Cure
Anti-virus software is more like virus detection software, because antivirus activates once the infection has breached your cyber defences.
An effective firewall, combined with user awareness, are your front line cyber defense, combining to effectively block unwanted access or cyber infection.
Everyone makes mistakes though, and online scams are becoming convincing to the unwary or the too busy to notice.
We can understand this, which is why we can help you or your business with our real-world training and plain English help-desk support.
Simple Starter Security Steps
● Create a 'junk' email address for your use when registering on a website that is not vital, e.g. newsletter or an online shop/store
● Delete any email containing just a single link. Do not click!
● Be careful of 'click bait' articles on Facebook that ask permission to access your profile and contacts.
● When purchasing online, look for the on the browser address bar:
Enhancing e-Safety and e-Security requires a focused approach, involving identifying user habits and the device configuration.
Assessing tech exposure is also our focus. For example:
How is your data stored?
What devices have access to your data?
Who is permitted to access your data?
Where is your data accessed?
Once we have understood how your e-Safety can be enhanced by e-Security, then we can then write a report giving you the information and how e-security can be implemented to enhance your online safety.