Enhancing e-Safety and e-Security requires a focused approach, involving user habits and device configuration.
To start with, assessing tech exposure is our focus. For example:
How is your data stored?
What devices have access to your data?
Who is permitted to access your data?
Where is your data accessed?
Once we have understood how your e-Safety can be enhanced by e-Security, then we can then write a report giving you the information and how e-security can be implemented to enhance your online safety.
Unlocked Front Door?
Few people would risk this at home, so why leave your computer or mobile device wide open?
From users either not realising or being too lax, this is why we offer training and full support following e-Consultation and Implementation.
There is no need to leave yourself wide open to intruders - firmly close and lock all cyber doors and windows. These tips are essential:
● Phishing Scams: Avoid clicking web links contained in emails - manually enter the address in your web browser. (Click here to find out what phishing is.)
● Use PIN code locks on all your devices.
● Add a password to your computer's screen saver.
● Use 5tR0ng p@55woRds.
● Don't use any public wifi spots unless your your laptop, smartphone or tablet has VPN app installed and activated. (Click here for more information.)
● Assess whether to use Free or Fee security software
● Create a 'junk' email address for your use when registering on a website that is not vital, e.g. newsletter or an online shop/store
● Delete any email containing just a single link. Do not click!
● Be careful of 'click bait' articles on Facebook that ask permission to access your profile and contacts.
● When purchasing online, look for the on the browser address bar:
Prevention is Better Than Cure
Anti-virus software is more like virus detection software, because antivirus activates once the infection has breached your cyber defences.
An effective firewall, combined with user awareness, are your front line cyber defense, combining to effectively block unwanted access or cyber infection.
Everyone makes mistakes though, and online scams are becoming convincing to the unwary or the too busy to notice.
We can understand this, which is why we can help you or your business with our real-world training and plain English help-desk support.